Last modified: May 15, 2020
BorrowGuru.com (“We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through its compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website BorrowGuru.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website, via loan requests, creating an account, or otherwise.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect information from both existing and prospective customers in an attempt to connect them with lenders for the products and services they request. You may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services available on the Website. We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily
provide it to us. This information is important to our ability to deliver the highest level of service to you, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, bank and account numbers, date of birth, social security number driver’s license, military status, income, employer information and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline or which may personally identify you (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as assigned user-names; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment or browser you use to access our Website, the times you accessed the Website, the website that referred you, and other usage details.
- That is from third-party sources such
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, filling out a loan request, or requesting further products and services, either from us or our lending affiliates. We may also ask you for information when you enter a promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up loan requests.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information .
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
Some content or applications, including advertisements, on the Website are served by third- parties, including advertisers, ad networks and servers, content providers, and application providers. 5.1. These third-parties collect and use information about you on or through our Website in the following way:
- Advertisers. Advertising agencies, advertising networks, and other companies who place ads on our Website, may use their own cookies, Web beacons, and other technology, to collect information about you. We do not control the use of such technology and have no responsibility for the use of such technology to gather information about you.
- Hyperlinks. Our Website and email messages sometimes contain hypertext links to websites owned by third-parties. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other websites. These links are provided for your convenience and reference only. We do not operate or control any information, software, products or services, available on these third-party websites. The inclusion of a link on our Website does not imply any endorsement of the services, products or website, or its sponsoring organization.
- Analytics. As described above, we use third-parties to monitor, analyze and report on the traffic to, from and within our Website and email messages.
The information these third-parties collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites and other online services. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content from our third-party lenders, you should contact the responsible lender directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information .
How We Use Your Information
We primarily use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to connect you with our network of lenders and provide such information to those lenders for the purposes of allowing those lenders to offer you their lending services. Because we do not know which specific lender you may be connected to when you provide your data to us, by using our services you consent to share all the information you provide to us with our network of lenders. We may also use information that we collect about you, including personal information, to:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with other information, products, or services that you request from us or our network of lenders.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it or that our network of lenders offer or provide through it.
- To provide to our network of lenders so that they can contact you regarding any loan request or application or promotional offers.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also disclose personal information about you when:
- We are required to do so by law, such as when we are subpoenaed
- We have reason to believe that doing so is necessary for the protection of our rights, to protect your safety or the safety of others, to respond to a request from the government or to investigate alleged or factual fraud. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We are involved in a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- You have provided your consent to give your information to other third parties.
- The data involves aggregated information that does not identify any particular individual
Other than as provided above, we will not share your information with any other third parties, other than our subsidiaries and affiliates. If you do not want us to use your information in this way adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information .
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by us to promote our own products or services, you can opt-out by logging into the Website (or third-party vendor site) and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected] or by clicking here. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by sending us an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Since the safety of your personal information is incredibly important to us, we use industry recognized methods to protect the information you provide to us as it is being transmitted to BorrowGuru.com, and after we have received it. There is no method of data transmission or storage that is 100% fail-proof, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Although we strive to perform adequate due diligence in regards to our network of lenders, we also cannot guarantee that our third-party lending partners will securely store and transmit your information. For more questions about the security methods used on our website, please contact us at [email protected] If you do not agree with our methods of protecting your information, we ask that you abstain from submitting any information on our website.
Our website does not currently fall under California’s “Shine the Light” law or Consumer Privacy Act. Because of this, California residents are subject to the same procedures and data sharing set forth in this policy. For more information about our exemption, please contact us [email protected]
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at [email protected]